Sci Comm Coordinator
Are you interested in science communication? Do you want to add managing an Erasmus+ project to your resumé? If you are passionate about science and wish to pursue a fulfilling position which can help kick-start your career in science communication or improve your current skills, apply to join us in our mission to improve science awareness in Malta!
Your role would also be invaluable in aiding the Chamber to achieve its goals to improve science awareness and develop informed opinions, increase student uptake of STEM careers for high-level jobs, stimulate the socio-economic wellbeing of partner countries, and enhance the transferable skills of current researchers.
The selected candidate will be required to perform the following tasks:
Coordination of Sci Comm projects
- Co-manage and coordinate an Erasmus+ project ‘Wired Youth: Science Forum’.
- Creating marketing material and overseeing promotion of the project.
- Ensuring the budget is being adhered to throughout the project and that the necessary documentation is being kept.
- Taking care of event logistics, planning and management.
- Compiling information to be sent to our project partners for evaluation.
- Aid in developing content for activities during the project.
- Managing the CineXjenza project which includes maintaining communication with Spazju Kreattiv, obtaining film rights, following the marketing campaign, coordinating work with our volunteers and contacting the speakers for every event.
Chamber of Scientists
- Assist the Chamber in its role to promote quality science;
- Assist the Chamber in managing its resources, planning, administration;
- Assist the Chamber in attracting additional funding;
- Assist the Chamber in implementing and updating its communication strategy;
- Help develop policy documents and strategies to encourage the development of evidence-based science policy on the Maltese Islands;
- Generate content and benefits for members (e.g. newsletter, discounts) and the Chamber’s website;
- Co-organize Chamber events;
- Coordinate membership drive, donations, grants and sponsorships;
- Providing support to the council in planning of events, council meetings and AGMs;
- To ensure the continuation and sustainability of chamber projects: Malta Cafe Scientifique, Kids Dig Science, Ċinexjenza, and new events the Council members want to set up.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- A science communication or STEM (science, engineering, mathematics or ICT) undergraduate or postgraduate degree
Considered an asset:
- Content creation skills;
- Social media experience;
- Interest in science policy;
- Event organisation experience;
- LaTeX skills;
- Previous experience administering and managing EU projects;
- Interest and/or experience in marketing and social media;
- Previous experience working with Voluntary Organizations.
Terms of Contract
- The selected candidate will be required to live in Malta for the period of the employment;
- The position will be for an initial term of 10-12 months with the possibility of extension, based on the applicant attracting additional funding.
- The position has flexible hours and provides the possibility to work partially from home.
To apply for this position, please send a Curriculum Vitae and a cover letter to: email@example.com by 15th May 2023.
If you would like to read more about the Malta Chamber of Scientists visit our website: mcs.org.mt